Sunday, August 29, 2010

Little Bit O' Work

It was a relatively short and quite day. Experimented with a boom on my spirit sail. Excessive boom rise but I'll keep at it. I do like the spirit sail for it's simplicity and ease of set up. One thing I need to remember is this is a SMALL boat and should be treated as such. I draw inspiration from the Ensigns Gig a two sheeter I found at Duck Works. I am a patriot. So today I raised Old Glory above the deck of the S/V Sea Hawk.
This means my sail will no longer be stored outside as the flag is permanently attached to the sail. Well as permanent as duct tape. No tape on the flag though! I also spruced up the mast step a bit.
Now is the time for the dreaded bits and painting. I'll be varnishing the inside for a more traditional look and I'm excited to get that started. But I'm off to Idaho for a few days so I'll be boat free for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment