Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a busy week so far! As I mentioned in an earlier post I'm helping Mike with his Bolger Teal and I've forgotten how it can wear on you. The last few days we've been hitting the heat of the day and it's killer! But the work progresses quickly and we can see one of the many ends in sight. And that is what boat building is building to a series of ends.
They say the work is never done on a boat. That's debatable but there can be many points where the work you've been doing is at an end. The hull is done. The paint and finish is complete. The mast and sail are as you want them. The paint is redone. And at all these points you sit back, take stock and maybe, a break. Then that it starts to gnaw on you a bit and before you know it your back in the backyard, or someone else's and your doing it all over again. But there you have the fun of it. I'd right more, have a lot more to say but I'm up early and I'm bushed right now. So...maybe we'll catch up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment