Thursday, January 16, 2020

Full Sail

146sqft
 I just heard from David Grey of Polysail International and my new sail ships today. I can't tell you how excited I am. David has done work for me and some of my friends over the years and it's always top notch stuff. I made the decision with this sail to increase the size by around 10sqft while keeping the two reefs I have in my dacron sail. I'm excited to see how the performance changes. Performance is an interesting word when you relate it to a 15' boat for sure.
 My father and I have begun making plans for boat work. At the top of the list is making a new boom. I have the lumber and it will most likely be professionally milled to spec. Not to mention the sealing of the airboxes and varnish, varnish and more varnish. The plexiglass I ordered to remake my companionway boards arrived as well and I'll have those professionally cut in the next few weeks.
 I exchanged some recent photos of the boat with Jim Michalak in exchange for a new plan sheet after my dog ate one. I also asked about the FatCat1. I was told it was a very much the same but with a flat pram bow like his Blobster. A very curious and interesting design idea for sure. I think the finer entry helps in waves and looks a bit better with the lines of FatCat2. Not to mention hard to go forward with a centered mast.
 Progress is slow but we are making progress and with the weather the way it is I am very happy for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment