Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another Well Done Teal

Teal
Posted my Teal on the Wooden Boat Forums and got this one in response! It's by Greg H. and just look at all that detail. That is one of the great things about these Payson/Bolger "Instant Boats". They are literally a blank canvas upon which a builder can project whatever design or idea they may have. From built to plan to overbuilt the Instant Boat is a wonderful first, third or twentieth build. From the original book the next size up is the Surf, basically a stretched Teal at 15'6". Imagine what you could do with that much to work with! There are not a lot of Surf's to be found on the interwebs. I did find a great yellow one and lo and behold look what popped up:
 Blue Flower sure has been around! Here is a shot of her at the Eugene Yacht Club Boat Show 2008. Picture is from Flickr user jhkohnen. Andy's write up can be found here.
  I'm off to Idaho for a week of Belegarth. When I get back I hope to ramp up my boat stuff a bit. Have a PD Goose to get get done and the Teal to rework. Until then have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment