Saturday, January 07, 2012

Going 3D

   In PDR terms 3D means the hull is now assembled to the point it resembles a hull. In my terms it means I've gotten bored and rendered my boat in Bryce 5.5 to examine what the inside looks like. The Typesetter and I were over at the Blue Flowers winter home taking things apart and making plans for the future. We uncovered some pretty interstng stuff in the process.
    In this photo the Typesetter has decided to take a nap. He is in fact looking forward under the front deck to figure out how things on the boat are built. The reason is I plan on brightworking and painting this spring and knowing how it comes apart now will have great dividends in the future. Pat P. built her well and it's been a fascinating process seeing how my boat came together. So in between bantering about what to do with the sail rig we have uncovered what must come apart to turn this boat into a show stopper.

    Here you can really see the workmanship put into this boat. The pegs on the floor are the current mast position. Looking forward you see the jib boom attachment and beyond that the second mast partner. If I wanted I could turn my boat into a cat boat. And beyond that you see the reinforcement for the stem and dolphin knocker. Both of which will be brightworked.
    The interior is a much different matter. I'm thinking bright seat and duckboards. How to accomplish this I hadn't a clue so I rendered it in Bryce 5.5 to take a look. Should be noted my boat has curves that the landscape rendering program was not designed for but it does give the impression I wanted. And I think it looks wonderfully nautical.
       I figure if the weather holds I can start cutting the planks next week and at least get them fitted. It might be cold but no reason work can't continue. Looking forward to a great 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment