Monday, April 14, 2014

Closer Still

Capri 16.5 on it's way west.
 It was a serendipitous morning for those of a nautical mindset. As I pulled into work I noticed a small sailboat. I hailed the owner and he informed me he had purchased the vessel, a trim Capri 16.5 from an owner in Helena and was heading back to Washington. I mentioned my vessel and he remarked he owned a C-Lark and was looking for something a bit bigger. A C-Lark! Those were built in Seattle during the time my own boat was being built. Carrying a bit more sail area but filling the same niche you can normally find one or two for sale in the Seattle Craigslist. They weigh a bit less and are bit finer but I can only hope to sail one someday.
  Seems our line has arrived, I'll head over on Wednesday to install it. Prop for the boat has been ordered and should arrive in time for our sailing date. Now comes the cavalcade of little things. Making sure the dry box is ready. Seeing what extras can be purchased and stowed. Giving the boat a good cleaning as well. The weather should hold if not be downright decent for the next few weeks. All in all we're just a little bit closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment