Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Getting Ready for the Season

The Boat Yard
 With a rare spring day in Western Montana I figured I'd best get the boats ready for the upcoming season. The Typesetter came over and helped me round off my mast for the Piccup in preparation of the addition of parrel beads. Then my father came over and we cleaned up the property, put the mast on the Lido and I showed him around the boat he helped build. He had never seen it with the rig up. So here are some photos from the day. It's cold here again. And there is still a bit of work left to do. I'd love to get a quick test sail on the Piccup before May. We'll see if the weather allows. I did get news the ice is off Flathead Lake. That's a good sign.
Lido centerboard case top being sanded. Just a quick sand, nothing to intense.

Playing with the macro on my camera.

Current rigging set up on the Piccup. Might make some changes here.

Liked how this one came out.

The Gypsy. She needs a bit of work but we have a decent starting place in this hull.

Two and a half coats of varnish. Not sure I did it right but that's how it was done.

It's the small classic touches that make these older Lidos worth owning in my opinion. It's tough nowadays go get warm wood and brass on a 14' fiberglass boat. And yet here i it is. 
As a note we are holding our first messabout on the 6th of May at Big Arm State Park. Festivities start at 10:00 AM and run until we get tired and go home. Check out our Facebook Page for more information on the event. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment