Friday, September 09, 2011

Gettting Closer

Flemish Coils on the deck of S/V Blue Flower
 It was a fairly busy day at the IP&NCo. boat yard! I've recently started work again and with loads of Belegarth stuff it's been tough to get time with Seze. But with our 2nd Annual Frenchtown Messabout coming up I had no choice but to get ready! My buddy and Journeyman Electrician Trevor Stene came over and kindly wired up my 1970 VW beetle for trailer lights. We're missing a few of them right now but it should get me to the pond and back in a somewhat more legal manner then what I was originally planning. As he was working his magic I spent time rigging and cleaning my Super Teal. The rigging was made good, and the whole boat swept and wiped down. She seems to be a very happy and eager boat at this point in time. I can see where and how she needs work but she'll sail for at least another season without major work. Of course major work is on the horizon but she's a well built craft and I can't wait to get her back in her true element.
 There is another project awaiting me. The PD Goose S/V Flying Fox. She's right now not much to look at but there is a lot of potential. And work LOTS of work. Right now the goal is to simply stabilize her for the upcoming winter and tackle her on a time needed basis. Here is a shot of her on the ways.
S/V Flying Fox eXpedition Goose by Andrew Linn
 We're in a full on Indian summer here in Western Montana and I don't think the sailing season is done yet. Well not if I have anything to say about it! I'll keep you posted and if your in my area check out the WMHBBA links on this blog. Hope to see you about!

No comments:

Post a Comment